This condition is also called leucoderma, and is characterized as a skin condition, most likely all white spots surrounded by dark edges. They can be few or many, they can be small or they can cover the whole body. They generally appear on both sides of the body in about the same place and do not cause injury or itching. These spots appear because, for some reason, the cells that normally produce the melanin pigment are absent. If this condition is on the scalp, the hair will turn white.
The causes of this condition are not yet known, but it can run in families and could be linked to an autoimmune problem. A malfunction of the thyroid gland could be wrapped in vitiligo, it can occur after physical trauma to the skin. This condition can also be due to other diseases, such as Addison’s disease, diabetes, pernicious anemia. Depigmented spots primarily involve cosmetic reasons and are very vulnerable to tanning.
In general, white spots on the skin are the main symptom of vitiligo. In principle, they are more common on areas of the skin that are exposed to the sun. They can appear in the following areas of the body: hands, feet, arms, face, and lips.
In this article, I will tell you some recommendations and natural treatments for vitiligo. These are:
- Their main cause is stress, so I recommend you avoid it as much as possible.
- Tell your children and relatives that this condition is not infectious.
- People who suffer from this disease must accept it and not get depressed.
- Educate the patient about the nature of the disease, as treatment can be difficult and time-consuming, and the results may not be predictable. While the patient may not have a real expectation, it should not be discouraged. More importantly, have good skincare, focus on what you can do if your condition is not improved.
- To hide this condition, people use special cosmetics.
- And last but not least, the areas affected by vitiligo will become much more sensitive to tanning than the others. That’s why I recommend people to use sunscreen whenever they go out to the pool because that’s the only way they can prevent the skin around the vitiligo spot from darkening more, making it more visible.