Few people know that citrus fruits have existed for 20 million years, and originated in Southeast Asia, China, Indochina, and India. They spread due to the wars: Charlemagne, the Crusades, the discovery of America. In the 18th century, it arrived in Spain, which is one of the largest producers and consumers.
These citrus fruits are of 4 kinds: satsumas, clementines, clemenvillas, and many other hybrids. Its pleasant sweetness, its low degree of acidity, together with the smoothness of its pulp, make these citrus fruits one of the most popular fruits in the world.
Mandarin contains 88% water, carbohydrates, and a lot of fiber. These are recommended for people on diets. In its composition are the following:
- Vitamins such as Vitamin C, PRO vitamin A and to a lesser extent B1, B2, B3, B6.
- Minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus.
- Others: folic acid, citric acid (much), oxalic acid, beta-carotene, antioxidants.
Among the properties of mandarin are the following:
- They are very rich in vitamin C, and this makes it a very good antioxidant
- With its help, your hair will be kept in a very good condition
- Fluid retention problems (diuretics).
- Helps prevent stress and lower cholesterol
- Iron deficiency anemia.
- Another very important benefit is that it detoxifies and purifies the body
- Due to the fiber in its composition, you will benefit from a better functioning of the intestinal transit.
- Gout, arthritis, rheumatism. Uric acid.
- Immune system: another property of tangerine is that it strengthens us against decreased defenses, the generation of red and white blood cells. Resistance to infection.
- Cardiovascular problems, blood thinners.
- Cough, cold, cold.
- As I told you above, it is very good in weight-loss diets, because it benefits from low calories, and its fiber makes it a very satisfying food.
- It is recommended to be consumed during pregnancy because it prevents the proper formation of the fetus
- Its consumption is recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
- This fruit is recommended to athletes because it has potassium in its composition
- Mandarins have antiseptic properties for the urinary and digestive tracts.
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic.
- Remineralizing, sight, hair, nails.
- Collagen, bones, teeth.