This is the reflex massage technique that is based on the representation of the body as a whole in one of its parts. Reflexology is done for locating, manipulating, and treating reflex areas with low pressure.
Since a reflex is an involuntary response of the nervous system to a stimulus, due to the points found throughout the body, imbalances can be treated by creating reflex nerve impulses or stimuli, which lead to beneficial effects. in the individual.
It is most often applied to the feet, hands, ears, and nose. The iris (iridology) is also a reflex area, however, its observation does not serve us as therapy, but as a diagnosis, while through all the others we can practice both. Its role is to help people regain their health without interfering with other therapies or treatments.
The benefits of Reflexology are many. Some of them are:
- It helps the body to strengthen its system so that we can avoid the appearance of diseases
- Helping to find balance and well-being. Or to overcome already manifested diseases such as bronchitis, headaches, constipation, low back pain.
- Restores the feeling of relaxation and well-being
- In addition, Reflexology is very useful to improve blood and lymphatic circulation, locally and in general.
- Avoid stagnation of substances or residues in tissues.
- Other benefits are: reduces stress, tension, and anxiety
- Normalizes organic, glandular, and hormonal functions.
- Relieves pain.
- Improving renal function.
- The improvement of constipation is done with the help of this massage technique.
- And last but not least, with its help, we will improve the quality of our sleep.
In conclusion, this massage technique can be done in people, regardless of age (adults, children, pregnant women, the elderly), because it is very beneficial for the body.