This condition is part of the elimination disorders and is manifested by repeated, uncontrolled emission of urine during the day or night, at least 2 days a week for at least 3 months, in children over 4-5 years. age. Bedwetting is a disease that is felt more at night.
There are two types of bedwetting, the following:
- Primary, when children do not know how to respond to the bladder signal. Because of this they do not wake up and get wet. This is not the fault of the child or the parents.
- Secondary, which manifests itself when children already know how to control their bladder and get wet again. This problem may be due to a change in sleep pattern or a physical or emotional factor.
Causes may include birth defects in the genitourinary tract, urinary tract infections, diabetes or the use of diuretics. It can also be caused by a lack of vitamins and minerals, which are responsible for lowering the resistance of the bladder muscles, which makes the child unable to contain urine.
Phytotherapy for the treatment of child enuresis, with the help of medicinal plants. These are the following:
- St. John’s wort and Melissa. These 2 have the role of acting as a natural sedative, which helps to relax and thus reduces the pressure on the nerves in the bladder (1 tablespoon per glass).
- Blueberry: This plant has astringent properties, it can be useful to reduce urination. Decoction for 5 minutes, 4 tablespoons of dried fruit per liter of water twice a day.
- Oak: also astringent. Decoction 10 minutes, 1 tablespoon of split bark on a glass of water, three small glasses a day.
- Fennel with honey has the role of helping children retain fluids during the night. You need to put 1 tablespoon of dried herbs on the glass, 1 cup before bed.
Other natural remedies that may be beneficial to the baby are the following:
- Aromatherapy. In this case, I recommend you go to a specialist doctor. The most used resources are the use of cypress oil and olive oil.
- Homeopathy, only when you go to a specialist doctor
- Acupuncture aims to strengthen the urinary system, such as ear acupuncture.
- Bathrooms: Baths before bed are highly recommended. It is enough for the baby to sit in the tub with water up to the waist for a few minutes, as this will help strengthen the urethral muscles.