Everyone wants perfect, soft, shiny hair, without frizz and most importantly easy to comb, that’s why most people choose to straighten it with an iron and sometimes, on some special occasion to wear some frizzy. But you must be very careful because excessive use of the iron, dryer or curling iron can abuse your hair very bad if you do not follow the necessary precautions.
How does the use of iron affect my hair?
- The heat of the iron, the dryer or curling iron, changes the structure of the hair, leaving it thinner and more vulnerable to simple aggressions such as pool water.
- If you have dyed hair, the repetitive use of the iron can further mistreat it, since the dye chemicals have weakened the protective cuticle.
- The excess heat of the iron, dryer or curling iron, tends to leave the hair dry and brittle, which gives the look of a hair without volume.
- The ideal temperature that you should handle normally is 190 ° but if you have dyed it or made a chemical process the temperature should be 130 °.
- If you notice that your hair has lost shine, structure and the ends are open, check if you have used the iron excessively.
General Tips for caring for hair using irons:
- It is allowed to iron the hair only when it is dry.
- Before using the iron, dryer or curling iron, it is necessary to apply a product that protects it from the heat of the iron.
- Experts recommend reducing the use of the iron to a maximum of 2 times per week, as this causes less damage.
- Is recommended to buy an iron with ceramic plates.
- If your hair is thin, be very careful, as it is more prone to break and burn.
- If you are going to iron, take small strands and make no more than 2 passes for each strand.